After suffering from an injury at work, you may be entitled to compensation. In order to ensure that you have the best chances to recover damages, there are certain procedures and steps to follow. For help through this process, it is advisable to have a skilled workers' compensation lawyer by your side. A simplified checklist of what to do after your work injury includes:
- Report the work accident to your employer, there is generally a time limit on this step.
- Seek medical treatment from an approved workers' compensation doctor, make sure the doctor is authorized by your employer- do not go see your own doctor.
- File a workers' compensation claim.
- Do not speak to insurance companies without an attorney by your side.
- Attend your scheduled doctor visits and receive a disability slip at each visit.
- Do not switch doctors once treatment has started unless you are referred to another doctor.
- If at any time you doctor deems you able for 'light duty' work, inform your employer and ask about possible jobs for you to perform.
- Inform your attorney of any changes throughout the process.
Throughout the process, as a general rule, you should keep copies of everything. Copies of your medical records, bills, workers' comp checks and any other documents. Another important note throughout this process is to provide your attorney with copies of documents and make sure he/she is informed of all details and any changes. For help in the process of receiving compensation, team up with Fendon Law Firm, P.C. We are also happy to answer any of your questions about what you can be compensated for, how to go about recovering lost wages or any other question you may have.
Contact one of our Phoenix workers' comp lawyers today for the help that you need!