Phoenix Workers' Compensation Attorney Matt Fendon of Fendon Law Firm, P.C. in Phoenix has recently become Board Certified in Workers' Compensation Law by the Board of Legal Specialization of the State Bar of Arizona. Achieving Board Certification is an honor only a select few applicants in each state will achieve every year. Needless to say, our entire team here at Fendon Law Firm is excited and proud of Attorney Matt Fendon, as we know his new certification exemplifies all his hard work and dedication throughout the years.
In order to be considered for Board Certification in any legal practice, an attorney must first be an active member of the State Bar of Arizona. If this general requirement is met, they are free to apply for certification if they are confident they meet the high standards of the board. Submitting an application that is backed by peer reviews and recommendations is beneficial.
In order to be eligible for certification in workers' compensation law, an attorney must:
- Have at least 5 years of practice experience with the previous 2 years being in Arizona.
- Focus at least 50% of their practice on workers' compensation law cases (20 hours a week or more).
- Handle at least 24 cases that were brought to litigation per year, for that particular field.
- Demonstrate complete competence and integrity, including always acting with honesty and professionalism.
- Be able to establish their knowledge and understanding of workers' compensation law and litigation.
- Show considerable success in workers' compensation cases.
- Secure at least 5 references and reviews from other legal peers, including attorneys and judges.
- Participate in at least 12 hours of Continued Legal Education seminars a year.
In the end, Board Certification in Workers' Compensation Law represents one overarching aspect of an attorney: excellence. Attorney Matt Fendon has proved to the State Bar and to all his former, current, and potential clients that he has the skills, know-how, and drive to succeed as a workers' compensation attorney. If you would like to know more about his services, we invite you to
contact us to set up an
initial case evaluation.