Workers' Compensation Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ
Phoenix Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
Have you been injured while on the job in Phoenix? If so, you are most likely entitled to workers’ compensation benefits under Arizona law. An injury at work can threaten your health and your livelihood. During these challenging times, the workers’ compensation lawyers at Matt Fendon Law Group advocate for injured Arizona workers just like you.
We provide outstanding legal representation to workers who are struggling with severe injuries and life-changing disabilities. We treat every client who walks through our doors like family. During the workers’ compensation claims process, we look out for your best interests every step of the way.
If you have a workplace injury, it costs nothing to discuss your case with the skilled and compassionate Phoenix workers’ compensation lawyers at Matt Fendon Law Group. During your free initial consultation, we will help you understand your legal options. If you decide to pursue your workers’ comp claim with Matt Fendon Law Group, you won’t owe us a cent until we recover compensation for you.
Call us today or reach out online. We will schedule a free and confidential consultation, and you will learn how we can help you with your Phoenix workers’ compensation case.
How Our Phoenix Workers’ Compensation Attorney Can Help You
At Matt Fendon Law Group, our experienced Phoenix workers’ compensation lawyers can:
- Explain your rights.
- Negotiate with the insurance carrier.
- Bring your case before the Industrial Commission of Arizona (ICA)
- Represent you at a hearing before an administrative law judge.
- File a lawsuit and represent you in court. Under certain circumstances, it may be permitted and necessary to bring your case to trial.
What Does Workers’ Compensation Cover?
The Arizona workers’ compensation system is set up for the benefit of both the employer and the employee. The claim is handled under federal and state guidelines. Arizona has a no-fault system, and that means you will not have to show your employer did anything wrong.
The benefits you can receive include the costs of your medical bills and a percentage of lost wages during your time off work. Disability benefits are also available in certain circumstances.
Medical Benefits Under Workers’ Comp
Arizona workers’ compensation benefits cover all reasonable and necessary medical treatment associated with your work-related injury or illness. This includes compensation for all medical expenses and treatments, including hospital visits, medications, physical therapy, surgeries, and reimbursement for travel expenses to attend appointments.
Wage Loss and Disability Benefits
Compensation for lost wages will vary depending on the severity and nature of your injury. Benefits will equal 2/3 of your average monthly wage. This number is based on your 30 days of work prior to the work injury and is capped at Arizona’s maximum benefit amount.
For a temporary injury, you are eligible for time lost benefits if you are unable to work for at least seven consecutive days. If your work-related injury forces you to miss more than two weeks of work, the first week’s wages will be paid retroactively. A doctor must confirm that you are unable to work.
Disability benefits will generally fall into one of four categories:
- Permanent partial disability. These benefits are paid to workers who have suffered a permanent injury but are able to work in some capacity.
- Permanent total disability. These benefits are for workers who have sustained injuries so severe that they are unable to work at any time.
- Temporary total disability. Injured workers who suffer an injury and are temporarily unable to work receive these benefits.
- Temporary partial disability. These benefits are paid to injured workers who are able to return to work but cannot perform all their duties. A doctor must specify what the limitations and restrictions are.
Death and Dependent’s Benefits
In the case of a work injury that causes death, the surviving spouse or surviving dependents must file a claim with the ICA to secure workers’ compensation benefits and burial expenses. Death benefits are usually limited to spouses, children and other family members who financially relied on the deceased worker.
Death benefits may include:
- Compensation for medical bills relating to the final injury
- A burial allowance
- Wage replacement benefits
Statute of Limitations on Workers’ Compensation Claims in Arizona
If you were injured while on the job in Phoenix, you have a limited time to report your injury. The statute of limitations in Arizona requires injured workers to report their injury within one year from the date of injury. If you do not file a claim before the deadline, you may lose your right to seek compensation.
What to Do If You Have Been Hurt at Work
Your rights and your health are at stake whenever you are seriously injured in a workplace accident. To protect your rights, take these steps:
- Stop working. Immediately stop all work-related activities, as continued work could make your injuries worse.
- Seek medical attention. The nature of your medical treatment will depend on the nature and severity of your injuries. For very serious or life-threatening injuries, get to an emergency room immediately. If you suffered less severe injuries, see a doctor as soon as you can.
- Report your injury. Workers’ compensation sets a narrow window of time for reporting injuries to your employer. Missing the deadline could make you ineligible for compensation. The longer you wait, the more difficult it might be to link your condition to the workplace accident. This is why you should fill out an accident report as soon as possible.
- Consult with an attorney. As soon as you are able, contact a Phoenix workers’ compensation lawyer to discuss your case. Do not provide any statements, give any interviews or sign any documents until you have talked with your attorney.
Talk to a Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Phoenix Now
At Matt Fendon Law Group, our Phoenix workers’ compensation lawyers fight for the legal rights of injured workers. Our highly skilled and compassionate lawyers can handle all aspects of your workers’ compensation claim. That allows you to focus on your health and recovery.
We can help no matter how complicated your case may be. Call us today to schedule a free initial consultation. We are ready to help you get your life back on track.