Car Accident at Work Attorney in Arizona
Arizona Work Car Accident Lawyer
If you have been involved in a car accident while on the job in Arizona, you may be eligible to claim workers’ compensation benefits. Depending on the seriousness of your injuries, these benefits may include medical benefits, wage loss and disability benefits.
Car accidents can be stressful, confusing, and complex. When a car accident occurs at work, the complexities are amplified. You will have to determine if you should file a workers’ compensation claim, a personal injury claim – or both.
If you have been in a car accident at work and suffered serious injuries, the Arizona car accident lawyers at Matt Fendon Law Group can help. We can determine who was at fault and which type of claim you should file.
Navigating this type of claim can be complicated. Car accidents are covered by workers’ compensation only in certain situations. When workers’ comp covers a crash, it does not matter who was at fault for it. You could recover workers’ comp benefits even if you caused the crash.
After a work-related car accident in Arizona, you don’t have to deal with the aftermath alone. The Arizona attorneys at Matt Fendon Law Group know how serious car accidents can be. We also know it can be devastating when you are denied the workers’ comp you need.
We are ready to help with all aspects of your work and car accident claim. Call us today to set up a free, no-obligation consultation.
How a Lawyer Can Help After a Car Accident at Work
If you have been injured in a work-related car accident in Arizona, you need an attorney to advocate for your legal rights. You need an experienced Arizona workers’ compensation lawyer from Matt Fendon Law Group.
Here’s just some of what our workers’ comp lawyers can do for you:
- Help with all aspects of the claims process. When you have an Arizona workers’ compensation attorney on your side, you can have confidence that your application will be handled without delay. If your claim has already been denied, a skilled lawyer can help you throughout the appeals process.
- Explore all your options for compensation. The Arizona workers’ comp lawyers at Matt Fendon Law Group can conduct a thorough independent investigation into your car accident. A lawyer can gather the evidence needed to support your claim. Although employers are immune from lawsuits, a negligent third party is not. You may be able to sue that person or business for your personal injuries. You may also be entitled to Social Security disability benefits if the accident left you permanently disabled.
- Negotiate with insurance companies. You should not be dealing with any insurance company on your own. Insurance companies put their profits first, and they may offer you much less than what you deserve. Allow an attorney to handle those negotiations. That can ensure you are treated fairly.
- Help during a workers’ comp hearing. An experienced Arizona workers’ comp attorney can make a significant difference during the hearing. Our lawyers know how to present evidence, and they know how to interact with the judge and other legal professionals. One of our attorneys can use accomplished legal strategies to put you in the best position to receive benefits.
Workers’ Compensation Benefits After a Car Accident
If you were at doing a work-related task when your car accident happened, you should qualify for Arizona workers’ compensation benefits. Those benefits could include:
- Medical Benefits. If you are injured in a work-related car accident, your reasonable and necessary medical expense will be covered. Those expenses include doctor’s appointments, hospital bills, emergency room visits, prescription drugs and any other medical expenses related to your injuries from the car accident. You may also recoup expenses for travel time to and from doctors’ appointments.
- Wage Loss Benefits. You may be entitled to claim a portion of your lost wages. The first seven days are not paid unless you are out of work for at least 14 days because of your injury. The amount of the benefit depends on your average monthly wage.
- Property Damage. Workers’ compensation in Arizona does not provide reimbursement for property damage to your car. Nor will you get payment for pain and suffering. Property damage may be covered by your employer’s car insurance policy or your own policy. If you want to seek compensation for pain and suffering, you will have to file a personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault driver.
- Death Benefits. If your loved one died as the result of a car accident while working at their Arizona job, you could collect death benefits under the law. Those benefits include:
- Compensation for medical expenses relating to the injury
- A burial allowance
- Wage replacement benefits
- Payments related to temporary total disability
- Benefits that could last the rest of the survivors’ life/lives
Can I Get Workers’ Compensation and File a Personal Injury Lawsuit?
Under Arizona’s workers’ compensation law, you cannot sue your employer for work-related injuries. However, you may file a separate personal injury lawsuit against the driver who caused the car accident.
What to Do After a Work-Related Car Accident in Arizona
If you have been involved in a work-related car accident, take these steps:
- Move the car out of the traffic lane as quickly as possible if it is safe to do so.
- Call the police and ask for an ambulance if necessary.
- Call your employer and make a report about the accident.
- Give the police officer evidence of insurance coverage, including the employer’s name, the insurance company’s name and the policy number.
- Never admit fault for the car accident or discuss any details about the accident with anyone other than the employer, the police, or a lawyer that represents your interests.
- Go to a doctor immediately.
Talk to an Arizona Work Car Accident Attorney Now
Work-related car accident injuries can result in expensive medical bills and lost wages, not to mention serious pain and emotional suffering. These situations can be made more challenging if your workers’ comp claim is denied or you receive inadequate workers’ comp benefits. When this occurs, you need the legal skills of an experienced Arizona workers’ compensation lawyer.
Matt Fendon Law Group can help you on your workers’ compensation claim. Our goal is to seek approval of you claim and full and fair compensation on your behalf.
Call us now to schedule a free initial consultation.