Employment Lawyer in Flagstaff, Arizona
Employment Law Attorneys
You deserve to be treated with respect and fairness at work. That means doing your job in a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and other illegal behaviors. Unfortunately, too many employers let bad behavior slide. Some even encourage it. But as an employee, you have rights. Talk to a Flagstaff employment lawyer today to learn what you can do to stand up for yourself.
At Matt Fendon Law Group, we have been standing strong for workers in Flagstaff and the surrounding communities since 2008. We understand the tough situations employers can put workers in, even making the work environment completely unbearable. Our firm can help you understand your legal options and demand the compensation you deserve for your employer’s wrongdoing.
Employment Law Disputes We Handle
A dangerous, discriminatory, or hostile workplace can take its toll on you. At Matt Fendon Law Group, we understand what you’re going through. We’ve stood up for employees throughout the Flagstaff area and helped them pursue justice for:
- Wrongful termination – Although most jobs are at-will employment, that doesn’t mean employers can terminate you for any reason they like. Some reasons for termination are illegal. These could include termination based on discrimination, violations of labor laws, and many other situations. If you believe an employer wrongfully terminated you, talk with an employment law attorney in Flagstaff about your options.
- Discrimination – Sadly, even with strong state and federal laws in place, discrimination still happens in the workplace. Discrimination occurs when an employer treats you differently based on race, gender, age, disability, religion, and other characteristics. Unfair treatment, harassment, and other activities could qualify as discrimination.
- Sexual harassment – Sexual harassment in the workplace can take many forms. Examples include unwelcome sexual advances, physical and verbal harassment, or harassment based on someone’s gender. When these types of behavior occur in the workplace, they’re violations of the law, and you may be able to bring a case.
- Retaliation – In Arizona, you can engage in certain legal activities, such as participating in an Equal Employment Opportunity investigation, reporting harassment and discrimination, and fighting back against sexual harassment. When you do this, the law protects you, and employers cannot take actions against you in retaliation.
But some employers don’t understand the law or choose to ignore it. As a result, they may decide to retaliate against you for your protected activities. Types of retaliation could include termination, denials of promotion, and a variety of other actions. When an employer retaliates against you, it’s a violation of the law, and you could bring a case against them.
Our experienced and compassionate Flagstaff employment attorneys are ready to help when your legal rights have been violated. our employment attorney in flagstaff can meet with you in a free consultation to answer your questions and help you decide on the next steps that are best for you.
Most Common Forms of Employee Mistreatment
Unfortunately, employment law violations occur all the time in the workplace. Some of the most common types of employee mistreatment we see include:
- Employers not paying overtime or not paying the minimum wage
- Employers not providing paid time off in accordance with the law
- Wrongful termination
- Unequal wages based on protected categories such as race and gender
- Creating a hostile work environment
- Sexual harassment
- Employees being passed up for promotion based on protected categories
No matter what situation you are dealing with at work, if you believe an employer violated your rights, contact us.
Types of Compensation Available
If you have an employment law case, you may be entitled to compensation. However, the types and amounts of compensation will depend on the facts of your case. For example, you may be able to seek compensation for:
- Benefits owed
- Back pay
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Emotional harm
- Punitive damages
Talk with an employment lawyer about your situation and how you could move forward. At Matt Fendon Law Group, our legal team can identify all sources of compensation, gather the evidence to demonstrate legal violations by employers, and help you demand the justice you deserve.
How Can an Employment Lawyer Assist Me with My Case?
An employment law case can feel overwhelming, especially when you are still working in a toxic environment. But a Flagstaff employment law attorney can help take the stress off you. Our skilled team will:
- Take the time to understand your experience. Workplace violations can be traumatic for employees. Our team will listen to you and help you understand your next steps.
- Explain any laws that apply to your situation. Employment law can be confusing, but our team will discuss what Arizona and federal laws apply in your case. We will also answer all your questions so you feel confident in understanding your legal rights.
- Walk you through the steps of a case. There are many parts to an employment law case. A lawyer from our firm will help you navigate the process and protect your best interests.
- Gather evidence to build your employment law case. It takes a lot of work to craft a strong case. A lawyer from our firm can help you pull together all the evidence your case needs.
- Serve as your advocate in any calls or discussions. We can take the pressure off you by serving as your voice throughout the legal process.
- Negotiate for the full compensation you deserve. In some cases, you may need to negotiate with employers and insurance companies for compensation. Our team will handle all discussions with professionalism and skill.
- File a lawsuit to protect your rights. Our employment law attorneys will be prepared to take your case to trial if that’s what is necessary to pursue the justice you deserve.
Talk With a Flagstaff Employment Lawyer Today
If you’ve been mistreated at work, contact Matt Fendon Law Group to discuss your next steps. Discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination, and other workplace violations are illegal, and you don’t have to put up with them. Our experienced employment lawyers will fight every step of the way for the justice and compensation you deserve.
With a dedicated legal team ready to serve you, we’re here to answer your questions anytime. For a one-hour consultation about your case, get in touch with us now.