June 2011 Archives | Arizona Workers' Compensation Blog
Matt Fendon Law Group
Call Us 24/7
Toll Free 800-229-3880
Se Habla Español
Prescott/Flagstaff 928-358-4068

June 2011 Archives


Did you know that if you're injured on the job and have to travel across the metropolitan area of Phoenix (e.g., Mesa to Peoria), you may not be eligible for travel reimbursement per case law? Case law says that an injured worker is only eligible for travel reimbursements if they travel outside the area they reside. It's not a great system folks, but it's all we have in Arizona. 


Some employees are paid cash. This may sound great but it can and will create a lot of problems for employees. Aside from issues with the IRS, if you're injured on the job and are paid cash, it may be extremely difficult to prove you were an employee. Plus even if your WC claim is accepted, you may have issues proving what you were earning. Happy Friday. 


Just because your employer does not have worker's compensation insurance, doesn't mean you can't file a claim. In Arizona, non insured claims are sent to the Special Fund of the Industrial Commission for processing and payment if accepted. Also, if your employer is negligent and doesn't have WC insurance, you could sue them in tort.


Worker's comp insurance carriers will send letters to injured workers requesting that they respond and note future medical appointments, and the fact the injured worker is still seeking treatment. These are very important because if the injured worker does not return it, or enters the wrong information, it can result in their benefits being terminated prematurely. Please let us know if you have any questions or comments about this subject or any others involving WC, or disability cases.
Fendon Law Firm, P.C. 


Did you know that if you are working two jobs and are injured on one of them, the date of injury employer is responsible for lost wages on both jobs? Insurance carriers frequently leave out wages from other employers when employees are working two jobs when calculating an injured worker's average monthly wage. This is just another reason to consult with an attorney when you are injured on the job. Please feel free to contact Fendon Law Firm for questions about your case. We offer free consultations. 


Independent medical examiners are typically doctors hired by insurance companies to render an opinion regarding an injured worker. In most cases, they are hardly "independent" as the carriers seem to use the same stable of doctors, and the physicians write reports that are more favorable to the carriers. Without naming names, please feel free to share any stories or thoughts you have regarding this subject. 


Tennis elbow anyone? Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injections are a newer form of non surgical treatment for tennis elbow. Studies have shown good results, and I have had doctors tell me they like them better than cortisone shots because cortisone is short-lived relief and can weaken your tendons. Let me know if you have any more questions about this subject or any others. Happy Monday.
Matt Fendon, Esq. 


Injured workers have the burden of filing a worker's compensation claim when they are hurt on the job. Do not rely on your employer or your doctor filing for you. Make sure you file an injury report with your employer, your doctor, and most importantly, the Industrial Commission of Arizona (602-542-4661). If you have any other questions about worker's compensation, let us know. 


Here's another hurdle for the new medical marijuana law. What do you think of the law, in general, good for AZ or bad for AZ?

Nationally Recognized In The Legal Community

  • Avvo Rating 10 Top Attorney
  • Super Lawyers Rising Stars
  • The National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40
  • Martindale Hubbell AV
  • Avvo Clients' Choice 2018
  • Lead Counsel Rated
  • Arizona Trial Lawyers
  • National Organization of Social Security Claimants' Representatives

We’re Ready To Answer Your Questions And Resolve Your Claim

With four offices across the state, we are ready to work with you no matter where you are in Arizona. Contact our office toll free at 800-229-3880 or send us an email.Our team of lawyers is available to take your call 24/7. We offer free consultations for workers' compensation and Social Security cases.
Habla Español.

Contact the Firm

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Four Locations To Serve You Better


Phoenix Office

Phoenix Office
1601 N. 7th Street
Suite 330
Phoenix, AZ 85006

Phone: 602-562-9111
Phoenix Law Office Map

Tucson Office
2573 N 1st Avenue
Tucson, AZ 85719

Phone: 520-333-6665
Map & Directions

Prescott Valley Office
7550 E Addis Ave
Prescott Valley, AZ 86314

Phone: 928-358-4068
Map & Directions

Flagstaff Office
223 N San Francisco Street
Suite 105C
Flagstaff, AZ 86001

Phone: 928-358-4068
Map & Directions


Prescott Office


Tucson Office


Flagstaff Office
Back To Top